Thursday 15 December 2011

My Booti-ful House in Singapore

As I mentioned in one of my earlier postings, we've recently moved in to our new home in Singapore. Let me show you around... 

This is me outside the main gate. Houses aren't the norm in Singapore (we mostly live in high-rises) but, wherever we go, Missus always tries to find a garden for Yours Truly!

And voila - here it is! It's not very big, but there's still space for me to do my zoomies!

And there're plenty of other things to keep me occupied outside, like fishing in this fountain pond...

...or 'strutting my stuff' in the long backyard...

...or lounging around like 'Caesar' in the patio. Life is a bliss! "Feed me another grape, slave!".

Inside the house has...

Stairs, stairs and more stairs! There was a time when climbing stairs filled me with dread. Not anymore though. I first cracked the technique in Holland and then perfected it in Italy. Now I'm an expert!

Best of all, our new home is located right next to a fantastic nature reserve...

Here's me and Dad setting-off from the house to check it out.

Look at all the space and greenery! Wow!
"Are we nearly there yet Dad?"

Dad decided it was time for a rest. (We'd only walked a hundred metres - that's our house in the background! Sheesh!)

Of course I'm as fit as a fiddle and I was raring to carry on.

There's lots of wildlife in the nature reserve. This includes monitor lizards, snakes, squirrels and ...

...MONKEYS!

Oh my dog! The cheeky monkeys are everywhere! They're driving me mad! Arghhhh...

We finally (actually, after a minute or so) reached the entrance to the nature reserve.
Some dogs have to be muzzled here...

...but luckily, my 'mug-shot' is not on the 'WANTED' list.

Apparently, while in the reserve, you're not supposed to feed Dad...I mean the monkeys. (Hee... hee...).

As far as I can see, it doesn't say anything about not feeding me though. "Mmmm...Foooooood!"

Anyway, I thought it was about time we set-off into the reserve to search for more of those darn monkeys.

Unfortunately, at the first sight of one, Dad chickened out and ran off home like a baby.

Never mind, I'm sure I'll have a lot more 'monkey-business' to tell you about in my future blogs.

Bye for now!

15 comments:

Finn said...

Very nice backyard there! And best to stay away from those monkeys!! Scary critters!!

Dexter said...

Monkeys? I think I would run away too. Your estate is totally fabulous. Good thing you can do stairs, though, right? No worries for you.

Slobbers,
Mango

Molly the Airedale said...

You have the life, Homer! Your home is just beautiful! hummmmm - we don't know about monkeys and mom says snakes and lizards are a big nogo for her. We can't wait to see more!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Anonymous said...

OMD! the discrimination there on doggies! so not fair. i can't imagine having to be "on leash" in such a pretty place tho! sigh. oh well, maybe there are plenty of off-leash areas you can visit?

Elizabeth Bergesen said...

Oh my gosh you are too funny! Your house looks beautiful and how cool to be that close to the reserve!!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Homer, we bet you are very happy to be out of that high rise and in a proper home - your new place is very nice. And that reserve is awesome. Monkeys - how fun!

Enjoy.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Angus said...

Homer - You are one brave fellow to deal with those monkeys. Most of us only have to face squirrels !

The Life of Riley said...

Hi Homer,

That looks like a great place to live and I can see that you are going to be very happy on your patio furniture. You are also lucky having your own garden and a park next door. I'm not sure about those snakes (we don't have them here in New Zealand, which is good as my mum hates the things!), but if there were monkeys I'd be busy for hours looking through the fence watching them. How long do you think it'll be before one climbs over your fence to visit you and your family?

Woofs,
Riley

Kari in Alaska said...

What a beautiful house

Stop on by for a visit
Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

Finn said...

Hey Homer, make sure to check out my blog tomorrow afternoon, there is a little something for you in tomorrow's blog post!

IRIS E DONA said...

Hi Homer
You have a beautiful house !
Monkeys ... how fun!
Be happy in the new home

IRIS

Anonymous said...

Well done..great work buddy ensuring humans choose super house and garden in your honour Homer..good stuff!.bet you are pleased..and your siesta sofa is magnificent..definitely worth waiting for..now you are all settled in for a relaxing xmas. xx

Dog Fence said...

wow, your house is really beautiful, you an dad had a wonderful walk. keep it up!



--------------------------------
It's all About Pet Fences

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I'm trying to decide which chair is mine!

As fur the monkeys -

What fun!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: What khrap about muzzling those breeds - pffffft!

How Sam Sees It said...

What a pretty house! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Sam